Our strategic thinking training provides tools for directing your thinking about issues related to the bigger picture and longer term for business, not-for-profit and government organisations. The key feature of strategic thinking is the ability to make sense of a comprehensive set of high quality information in order to understand the key challenges facing your organisation. The logical next step is then learning tools that assist you in designing appropriate strategies to respond to these challenges. If there is an elephant in the room, there is no point designing a strategy around it, you need to include it.
Brainy offers strategic thinking courses that focus on developing your ability to make sense of the underlying patterns, trends or relationships amongst sets of information. We use a scientifically validated model of thinking skills that have been shown to differentiate higher performing organisations from lower performing organisations. The strategic thinking programmes we offer are very practical and designed with lots of activities to develop your skills – these are not simply theoretical.
Strategic Thinking training programmes are designed to skill organisations with staff who can independently think through the issues that can determine the success of the future of an organisation. In our tailored programmes we can show you…
- How to strategically, systematically and with purpose gather information.
- Recognising the 3 underpinning strategic choices organisations can make
- How to build a deeper understanding of situations and patterns
- To recognise the importance of multiples: multiple sources [gathering information], multiple perspectives [sense making], multiple solutions [thinking flexibly] when thinking about the future.
- How to avoid the most common decision making mistake
- How to become more knowledgeable about and skilled in using techniques to create new ideas and solutions.
- How to evaluate your ideas/solutions/strategies.
Who should attend?
This training is particularly valuable for any team member that has responsibilities for forward planning or has the ability to influence the direction of the organisation. Courses in strategic thinking are particularly suited for team leaders through to senior organisational decision makers. These programmes can also be tailored for any role within an organisation.
Practical and engaging. It is a course about thinking so we make sure that people are actively engaged and challenged throughout the day.
We offer a 1 -2 day workshops.
- 3 key strategic thinking behaviours and a framework and a process for strategic planning
- Gathering Information
- Sense Making
- Thinking Flexibly
- The errors we can make in thinking strategically [always a popular choice]
To find out more, please contact us on 1300 272469 or by completing the following form.